• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sal Jiang's Yuri Manga Ayaka Is in Love with Hiroko Gets Live-Action Show

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:28 pm Reply with quote
This looks cute!
MMOSimca

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:55 am Reply with quote
It's wild to me that this is getting adapted, even as live action!

Three characters are unambiguously lesbians and talk about being lesbians at various points. Late in the series, one comes out to her entire giant office in order to more openly flirt with the other.

Usually Yuri series that get picked for adaptations are very tame with label use and rarely look at queer society at all (this does at least a little bit).

That said, the actor playing Hiroko looks too young, imo. There's a like... 8 year age gap or something, but they look virtually the same age here. Oh well.
ElenorCamuel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:43 am Reply with quote
I wish it was an anime, rather than a live action production. But I enjoyed the manga a lot and would happily give it a watch. Not often that you get serialized Yuri that contains the viewpoint of an older character who has dealt with some of the implications of being queer in a workplace.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1