• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Twin Star Exorcists Manga Ends in 3 Chapters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:19 am Reply with quote
I will be very sad for sure, TSE has always been among my favorite SQ mangas since its first year, maybe we can hope for a sequel of the anime ( and Binbougami too, can't imagine it though.... ).
Everlasting Coconut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Despite the hook being the romance between the main characters, I thought it was a pretty mediocre shounen overall.

Spoilers ahead, spoiler[ but it was also really, really creepy how Rokuro and Benio were forced to give birth to the prophesied child after they couldn't beat the bad guy. The whole point of the story was that they would do things their way, and while they obviously won't involve their child in the fight or burden him with the duty of saving the world, it still doesn't change the fact that they were forced to have a child on the spot, not at their own pace. Not to mention that the circumstances that led to that were extremly convoluted and contrived.]

[EDIT: Spoiler tags added. -TK]
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow, almost hard to believe it's ending.

I hope Sukeno can somehow stick the landing.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Ok, now get to work on animating the rest. This is not up for discussion.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Everlasting Coconut wrote:
it still doesn't change the fact that they were forced to have a child on the spot, not at their own pace.

How do you have a child on the spot, was it created spiritually or force grown through magic.

Also, if you are required to have a baby born to fight the bad guy, then how are they going to defeat the bad guy without having the child doing the fighting. I mean, if they can defeat the bad guy without the child, then what real need is there for the child to be born.

Everlasting Coconut wrote:
Not to mention that the circumstances that led to that were extremly convoluted and contrived.

Blame the gods, they tend to be demanding and unreasonable, as Rozemyne is finding out in Ascendance of the Bookworm.
danpmss

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:09 am Reply with quote
CrypticPurpose wrote:
Ok, now get to work on animating the rest. This is not up for discussion.

That's quite impossible, the anime was mostly original with some canon inserted in between, similar to the first Fullmetal Alchemist.

A full remake would be required, much like with Soul Eater.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1